Friday, October 30, 2009

December Daily Album


Happy Wednesday!  I am excited to post about a new project I am working on.  It is a December Daily Album documenting the 25 days up until Christmas.  The idea is Ali Edwards' and you can read about it on her blog here.  I think that this will be a wonderful project that I will cherish years from now.  Now on to the pages I have done so far.

The Cover:
It is the tabbed acrylic pages from Zutter.  On the acrylic I tied a bow with some ribbon I had lying around.  I painted the bare chipboard numbers with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint and because it tends to chip off I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to help it stick and give it some shine.  On the tab I added a little bling.  On the cream cardstock under the cover I stamped the circle with acrylic paint then printed "days of" on the same color cardstock and cut it out and inked the edges.  I stamped "Christmas" with some Studio "G" mini alpha stamps on the same color cardstock and inked the edges of that also.




I havent done page one yet but I am thinking about a red envelope with a christmas card inside.  Not sure...anyways...

Page 2:
I used a transparency frame with a AC Thicker number.




Page 3:
I used an envelope that I learned how to do from Marion at http://www.apieceofcraft.com/ I embossed the tag with snowflakes using bridal embossing powder.



Page 4:
This is a random chipboard tab from my stash.



Page 5:
I used some Making Memories paper with a rub-on number.



Page 6:
This is a page from a $1 scalloped chipboard album.  I cut one side straight and covered in patterned papers.  The back side I stamped brackets with acrylic paint around a scrap of lined paper.



Page 7:
I found these Christmas recipe cards at Micheal's.  This will be a great page for making cookies!  I glued two different ones back to back.


Page 8:
This is a peice of transparency and I glued a patterned paper tree to it.  The number is a felt Thicker.



Well, that is all I have so far.  Its fun to hunt for different things to make the pages out of.  I can see now though that I need bigger rings to bind it with.  Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment