Sunday, April 28, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE Mask

So I've been giving my scrap room a thorough cleaning.  I have went through bowls and bowls of scraps and embellishments that I have sitting everywhere.  I have this bad habit of collecting up all the little bits and pieces thinking I will use them later and the result is little bowls and dishes that I pick up at flea markets sitting all over my craft room overflowing with stuff.  I have whittled it down from 6-7 to 3-4.  Progress!!!
 
Whats the point of all this you ask?  Surely you dont care that I cleaned my craft room!  The point is I when you clean you come across stuff you dont even remember you have!!!  I found this little set of masks that I am pretty sure were the Ditto brand from M's.  They are not in the packaging any more but I am almost certain that is the brand.
The little LOVE one reminded me of that Amy Tangerine paper that has LOVE printed all over it.  It's my favorite of the bunch so I thought I would play around with it and see what I could create.  I grabbed a couple of Glimmer Mists and went to work.
Used it first as a mask on a couple of 3x4 cards I cut from white cardstock.  I always hate to waste the mist that ends up on top of the mask but of course when I tried turning it over to stamp it then it was reversed.  I like the effect so I sprayed it on the reverse side and stamped it the correct way and the result was pretty cute.  Then I experimented with tracing the letters with a black pen.  Also very cute!  Next to apply this to an actual project.
I began with a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock and figured about where I wanted to place the photo and the mask.  I removed the photo and sprayed with the turqoise mist.  Next I used the stamp technique just above the masked one.  Rule of odd numbers tells me I need three but I wanted a different color so I grabbed my new Amy Tangerine Remarks Life alphas and added a pink LOVE.  Next I added strips of colorful washi to mat the photo and a few strips in the top left corner.  I outlined all the words, photo and around the entire page with my black pen. 
 
 I added some Studio Calico heart veneers and some journaling and there you have it!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment