Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1

So begins my quest to do something creative every day for the next 30 days.  Day 1 project is a name plate for my office at work.  It all starts with some Dollar Tree items:

A silver serving platter and some oval paper doilies are the beginnings of a beautiful project.  First I punched holes in the top of the platter with my Crop-A-Dile so that I could attach some way to hang it on the wall.

Next I die cut a dress form with the Tim Holtz sewing room die and used my blending tool and Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to distress the chipboard.  I covered the center of the dress form with some paper scraps from my stash.


Then it was time for some glimmer and misting for all the flowers and also some Glimmer Mist and a key mask by Tattered Angels on the doiley I am going to use.  Here are the Glimmer Mist colors that I used for the flowers. (Flowers and leaves are from http://www.iamroses.com/)


Now time to prepare some Thickers for the lettering.  The only color I had in the font that I wanted was yellow, so I used some fired brick crackle paint to alter the letters.  They look great with the yellow showing through the cracks.

Now time to attach some cream colored tulle and all of my elements using hot glue.
I finished it off with a metal butterfly by Recollections, some pearl beads and a tulle bow.


Hope you enjoyed day one's project. Come back tomorrow and see what I make next!




No comments:

Post a Comment