Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 20

If you are familiar with the Zutter Bind-It-All website then you know that they sell a spinner album kit that you assemble yourself.  I looked and decided that I could probably do it on my own without purchasing their kit.  This is the second one of these that I have assembled.  This one I planned a little smaller than the previous one I made.  This one will probably hold wallet size photos where the other one was made for 4x6 photos.  The materials are fairly simple and power tools are required (which I love!!)  You will need a dowel rod, base wood circle, wooden disk, decorative topper, 1" o-wire, chipboard and cardstock.  I also used my TH file tab edge die.  Here are the things I got at Hobby Lobby today:
I started by using some E6000 adhesive to adhere the small wooden disk to the wooden base.

When that was dry I used a drill to drill a hole for the dowel rod.

I cut chipboard to the size I wanted and used the edge die to make the tabs.


I cut some inserts from the TH Crowded Attic Paper Stash to size.

I used my Bind-It-All to punch holes for the o-wire and then I inked all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Close the o-wire and slip it over the dowel and add the topper.  I painted my stand out in black.

Now I just need photos and embellishments.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment