Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 7

Welcome back!  Whew its been a long day so a little time spent in my craft room was just the break I needed.  I decided to make another tag for the tag spinner I am planning on making later in the month using the concept of the 7 Gypsies ATC carousel...stay tuned!  Anyways, I started with another of the tags I cut with my Tim Holtz tag die.  I'm hooked on paints and oil pastels right now so I started off by gesso-ing the tag.
For the background color I mixed carribbean blue with some irradescent medium and used blue oil pastel to blend around the edge.

I used the irradescent medium and pink, purple, green and yellow paint on white cardstock to prepare a surface to punch out the butterflies I plan on using for the tag.  I got the 3 in 1 butterfly punch by Martha at Michael's today with my 40% off coupon.  The bigger butterfly is one of my favorite punches I already had in my stash.


I stamped on the tag with black Staz-On a floral and a saying from and Allie Edwards Technique Tuesday stamp set.  I also stamped over the punched butterflies with some Martha butterfly stamps that fit over the punches perfectly!



No comments:

Post a Comment