Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 3

Day 3's project is inspired by "The Man" himself-Tim Holtz.  If you don't read his blog he uses tags to demonstrate all of his wonderful techniques.  I decided that I want to start a collection of tags with various techniques that I have learned from all the wonderful artists that grace the crafting/scrapbooking world.  I started with the Tim Holtz Alterations Tag Die and manilla cardstock.


I used Broken Glass and Vintage Photo Distress ink to ink up the tag.
I put together some flowers using the Sizzix 3-D flower die and some cream muslin fabric.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch across the bottom edge of the tag and used hot glue to adhere the flowers, some hand cut elements from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stash to the tag.

Last I cut some banners from the cream muslin, sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and stamped letters with Black Soot Distress ink.  I strung them on red and white bakers twine. 
To complete the tag I used some pewter leaves that are like eyelets (I have had these in my stash FOREVER so I have no idea who makes them)  I also used some stickles to make some flourish and a Martha punched butterfly.  I finished it with some red bias tape.

I hope you enjoyed the tag.  Come back tomorrow for Day 4!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment